Arts and Culture Commission
- Mary Treisbach
Term Expires- January 2025
- John Holohan
Term Expires - January 2025
- Sue Devenny
Term Expires - January 2026
- Simone Keyne
Term Expires- January 2026
Mission & Purpose
To develop, and deliver, cultural arts programs, art in public spaces, and consistent aesthetic sensibilities for the benefit of the residents of West Norriton Township. The creative arts include, but are not limited to art, music, theater, and dance.
Role and Responsibility
The Arts and Culture Commission provides feedback and advice to the Board of Commissioners regarding the Creative Arts in West Norriton Township.
- Develop strategies to integrate Creative Arts into the community.
- Advise the appropriate local government agencies, including the planning commission, recreation and park board, and the elected governing body, on proposals regarding the Creative Arts in the community.
- Promote diversity and inclusion in Creative Arts.
- Maintain a high level of integrity on every project.
The Council consists of 5 members appointed by the Board of Commissioners. Members serve staggered terms that vary in length up three years. Members must be residents of West Norriton Township. Application for positions on the Commission will be via the West Norriton Township website.
The Arts and Culture Commissioners will select the chair, vice chair, and recording secretary. A Board Commissioner will serve as liaison.
- Develop methodologies to increase Creative Arts in the community.
- Realize results and continuously discover opportunities.
- Take action.
- Work as a team.
- Be inclusive and open to individuals and aesthetics.
- Maintain a high level of integrity and creativity.